- Pipevine Swallowtail Battus philenor
- Checkered White Pontia protodice
- Sara Orangetip Anthocharis sara
- Orange Sulphur Colias eurytheme
- Mexican Yellow Eurema Mexicana
- Sleepy Orange Abais nicippe
- Dainty Sulphur Nathalis iole
- Gray HairstreakStrymon melinus
- Marine Blue Leptotes marina
- Reakirt's Blue Echinargus isola
- 'Echo' Spring Azure Celastrina ladon echo
- Acmon Blue Plebejus acmon texana
- Fatal Metalmark Calephelis nemesis
- Tiny Checkerspot Dymasia dymas
- Elada Checkerspot Texola elata
- Texan Crescent Anthanassa texana
- Pearl Crescent Phyciodes tharos
- American Lady Vanessa Virginiensis
- Common Buckeye Junonia coenia
- Golden-headed Scallopwing Staphylus ceos
- Arizona Powdered-Skipper Systasea zampa
- Mournful Duskywing Erynnis tristis
- Funereal Duskywing Erynnis funeralis
- Desert Checkered-Skipper Pyrgus philetis
- Common Streaky-Skipper Celotes nessus
- Orange Skipperling Copaeodes aurantiacus
- Pahaska Skipper Hesperia pahaska
- Carus Skipper Polites carus
- White-barred Skipper Atrytonopsis pittacus
Peña Blanca Lake
Beginners are welcome on all field trips! Experienced members will share their butterfly knowledge and expertise with all field trip participants. Children accompanied by a responsible adult are welcome on SEABA field trips. A donation of $5 per person to benefit SEABA will be appreciated. Carpooling from the meeting place is encouraged and it is kind to share gas expenses. If high clearance vehicles are required for a trip, it will be noted in individual trip descriptions. Dress for the field with sturdy shoes, hat, sunscreen, and insect repellant. Bring your own water, snacks, and lunch. Close-focusing binoculars, cameras, and field guides will be helpful aids for butterfly observation and identification. Trips usually end by mid-afternoon unless noted differently in individual trip descriptions.
Please be aware that:
1. Collecting or netting is NOT allowed on SEABA field trips.
2. Pets, with the exception of service animals, are NOT allowed on SEABA field trips.
3. All field trip participants are required to sign SEABA's Release and Assumption of Risk form at the beginning of the trip. The form may be viewed at SEABA Release.
4. Please arrive a few minutes prior to the meeting time posted for trips to facilitate paperwork and introductions to other trip participants.
5. Field trips may be cancelled or rescheduled on short notice due to changing weather or road conditions. Please check the website for updates prior to the Field Trip.
Our Southeastern Arizona Butterfly Checklist can be downloaded here. Please note that the SEABA checklist is copyrighted.
Local NABA Butterfly Counts are listed at NABA Counts
Field trips organized by the Central Arizona Butterfly Association are listed at their website: CAzBA.